The Inner City Outings program is made possible by its volunteers who give generously of their time and skills, and by the donations of money and equipment from its supporters.
Our meetings play an important role in the success of our program. Know that your presence at these meetings is a reflection of your commitment to ICO, the kids and your team. It is your opportunity to network and bond with your team members and other volunteers. It is also the best way to find out what is happening, how it is happening, to sign up for trips and to learn about other ways to get involved.
Meetings are held at 7:30 pm on the 4th Tuesday of the month at the Sierra Club Offices. 743 College Ave., Decatur, GA 30030.
To Join our Volunteer Corp
We appreciate your interest in volunteering with us. To volunteer with Atlanta ICO you should be prepared to do the following:
- Complete your CPR, First Aid, and Leadership Training within six months
- Make a one - year commitment and participate in 6 trips/year (you will find that our volunteers stick around for a long time)
- Attend the bi-monthly meetings
- Contribute to ICO in either an administrative, fundraising, or special task capacity as needed.
Our volunteer intake occurs continually throughout the year. You will receive a thorough orientation and leadership training is offered twice a year. On the bright side, after all the paperwork has been complete, you will get to know a great group of adult volunteers who share similar interests. You will work with wonderful kids who will teach you a few things about their life while you teach them a few things about yours. You will get to share your knowledge and love for the outdoors with kids and adults who have never known waterfalls or butterflies or hiking trails or a campfire.
So, to begin, there are several steps:
2. Print and sign the Volunteer Agreement.
3. Print and sign the Inner City Outings Code of Ethics
4. Print, complete and sign the Volunteer Application.
5. Mail the completed forms to:
1556 Springbrook Dr
Decatur, GA 30033
We look forward to your joining us and please know that the rewards of your involvement can be priceless.